Torrance Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Motorcycle accidents can easily lead to serious injuries, such as road rash, lacerations, bruises, or sometimes even death. Because motorcycles do not have any external protection like vehicles do, motorcyclists are prone to extreme injuries, which can require extensive medical care.
Road rash is a skin injury, which is caused by scraping against road surfaces. Road rash can occur due to motorcycle, bicycle, and skating accidents. When a rider falls off of a motorcycle or a bicycle at a high speed, it can cause burns and abrasions on the skin due to scraping against the ground or pavement. If a road rash is severe, then it may require emergency medical assistance and hospitalization. When it comes to recovery, the process can be painful and can take quite some time. Additionally, medical treatment can easily add up as the treatment process can be extensive.
There are three different categories of road injuries and all range in severity, which are avulsion injuries, compression injuries, scrapes and open wounds. Avulsion injuries involve tears in the skin. This is the most common type of road injury. When the skin tears, it exposes the layers of skin, muscle, and bone. As for treatment, it may require skin grafting and it can result in serious scarring. As for compression injuries, this occurs when a part of the body or limb is caught between two objects, such as the bike and another object. Compression injuries can result in crushing of the skin, muscle, and bone, as well as bruising. As a result, this can cause fractures. Lastly, scrapes or open wounds are caused from abrasions against surfaces due to high speeds. Scrapes and open wounds may result in the need of stitches. In addition, it’s important to know that these types of injuries are at a high risk of infection, therefore, it is imperative that you follow your doctor’s orders and get medical treatment as soon as possible. If the scrapes or open wounds are severe, then skin grafting may be needed as well.
There are several causes of road rash, bruises, and lacerations. In fact, they can stem from various types of accidents, such as:
- Motorcycle accidents: Because motorcycles do not have any type of protection, such as airbags, seatbelts, or external protection like regular vehicles do, motorcyclists are susceptible to serious road injuries or even death. This is why it is so important for motorcyclists to wear protective gear such as helmets, leather clothing, boots, gloves, etc.
- Bicycle accidents: Bicyclists are just as susceptible to serious injuries like motorcyclists are, because they do not have any restraints. Bicyclists can easily be thrown off of their bike, therefore, it is important for them to wear as much protective gear as they can.
- Car accidents: A passenger or driver can be ejected from a vehicle in a serious accident if they are not wearing their seatbelt. This is why seat belts can be lifesaving. Car accident victims are also susceptible to bruises as lacerations.
- Pedestrian accidents: Pedestrians are extremely vulnerable in pedestrian accidents, as they can easily be thrown or hit by a negligent driver. Pedestrians can easily sustain bruises, lacerations, and even severe road rash.
- Truck accidents: Because trucks are significantly larger than any other vehicle on the road, the weight and size pose a serious threat to other people on the road. Victims can sustain lacerations, bruises, and more.
If you or a loved one has sustained injuries in a motorcycle accident, or any type of auto accident for that matter, then it is imperative that you seek help from the best motorcycle accident attorney in Torrance. At Molchan Law, we have represented many accident victims and have successfully obtained compensation for their losses. Compensation can cover medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, property damage, and more. If you are in need of legal help, then do not hesitate to reach out to us to speak to one of our motorcycle accident lawyers Torrance. We will get you the help that you need and rightfully deserve. We offer free consultations and do not charge clients a thing unless we win their case. Get help from a personal injury attorney in Torrance today.